Link 2500 has two modes: WiFi and Bluetooth. Please follow the steps based on the type of setup you have:
1. SalesVu and the Ingenico Link 2500 EMV card reader will only work if the reader displays the
“SalesVu” logo. If the logo says “TRIPOS” or "This lane closed" then please verify the following:
2. Make sure that the iPad is always connected to the correct Wi-Fi signal. The iPad
and the reader have to be on the same network in order to "communicate" with
3. You can force close all applications on the background of your iPad to
re-establish the connection by double clicking on the home bottom of your iPad
and sliding all apps upwards to remove it. Then reopen SalesVu and verify if the
reader redownloads the information. The reader should start downloading and switch to 'SalesVu' logo. It might restart as well
4. IP address of the card reader can change due to different reasons. To locate the IP address, press and hold 'yellow' and '#' keys at the same time. The card reader will restart and will go through multiple screens. On the 'Retail Base' screen press 'F3' to scroll down to the bottom of the screen to see the IP address. The screen will go away quickly. If you missed the IP, please repeat the process by restarting the card reader
Compare the obtained IP address from the Link 2500 with the IP address on SalesVu POS app:
a. Open SalesVu POS app touch on 'Settings'
b. Touch on 'More Settings'
c. Check the IP address on 'Terminal IP address' lane
If the IP address on the Terminal IP address is different, change it to the recently obtained IP address from the Link 2500 Ingenico card reader. Then repeat the process described on the step #3 above
5. SalesVu POS needs to have access to the local network. Please go to 'Settings' of your iPad > touch on 'SalesVu' > turn on access to 'Local Network'
1. Restart your iPad. Power off and on
2. Go to 'Settings' of your iPad > click on 'Bluetooth' and check if the card reader is still showing 'Connected'
3. Touch on 'i' next to the card reader name > touch on 'Forget this device' and disconnect the reader
4. Press 'Yellow' and '#' keys to restart the reader