1. SalesVu and the Ingenico iSMP4 EMV card reader will only work if the reader displays the
“SalesVu” logo. If the logo says “TRIPOS” or "This lane closed" then please verify the following:
2. Make sure that the iPad is always connected to the correct Wi-Fi signal. The iPad
and the reader have to be on the same network in order to "communicate" with
3. You can force close all applications on the background of your iPad to
re-establish the connection by double clicking on the home bottom of your iPad
and sliding all apps upwards to remove it. Then reopen SalesVu and verify if the
reader redownloads the information. The reader should start downloading and switch to 'SalesVu' logo which means the reader is connected to the app. It might restart as well. If that does not fix the issue, please refer below.
4. IP address of the card reader can change due to different reasons. Press 'F' key 5 times quickly on iSMP4 to access 'Communications Settings'. There check the IP address line
Compare the obtained IP address from the iSMP4 with the IP address on SalesVu POS app:
a. Open SalesVu POS app and tap on 'Settings'
b. Select 'More Settings'
c. Check the IP address on the 'Terminal IP address' line
If the IP address on the Terminal IP address is different, change it to the recently obtained IP address from the iSMP4 Ingenico card reader. Then repeat the process described on the step #3 above
5. SalesVu POS needs to have access to the local network. Please go to 'Settings' of your iPad > touch on 'SalesVu' > turn on access to 'Local Network'