Square Terminal Troubleshooting
On rare occasions, you may need to perform a factory reset. Resetting your device will not erase important account information like items, transaction histories, customer lists, or employee permissions. It will all be there when you sign back in.
Before resetting your Terminal, please have the following information on hand since you’ll need it to log back in afterward:
* WiFi network name and password.
* Account login information (email and password) or device code.
* Location name, if applicable.
* Accessory settings: printer stations, drawers, and any other accessories. The recommendation is to take a picture of the configuration of each connected accessory.
To reset your Square Terminal:
1. If you have taken any offline transactions, be sure to reconnect to the internet and process them before proceeding. Pending offline payments will be permanently lost, and the funds won’t be captured when you reset your device.
2. Tap ≡ More.
3. Select Settings > Hardware.
4. Tap General > About Terminal.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap Factory Reset > Confirm Factory Reset.
6. Tap Reset one last time. From here, the countdown will begin, and your Terminal will reset.
Important Note: If you’re unable to access the Terminal settings, hold down the power button for 10 seconds until you see a black screen with a count-down timer. Keep holding down the power button. On that timer goes to 0, and the screen says you can release the power button.