Note: This article refers to Square POS users located in the US only. All orders processed on OrderUp can be pushed to the Square POS app and/or automatically print to kitchen printers. All menu adjustments (price changes, name changes etc) needs to be completed from your Square account. Any changes made in SalesVu will be overwritten due to the Square sync.
Only Credit Card Payments are accepted when push order to Square is enabled.
Setting up Square POS app
1. Open the Square POS app
2. Touch on the bottom left corner to view additional options -> Settings -> Hardware -> Printers
3. Select your receipt printer name -> Tap on 'Online Order Tickets' -> Enable 'Automatically Print New Orders'
Receive notifications in Square POS app
1. Touch on the bottom left corner to view additional options -> Settings -> Orders -> Alerts
2. Enable 'Allow Alerts' and set the frequency of your choice (Immediately is recommended)
Setting up OrderUp to push orders to Square POS
Note: This is done after OrderUp has been successfully connected with your Square account
1. Open the OrderUp app and access the admin mode by tapping on the OrderUp logo 4-5 times quickly
2. Under 'Admin Mode', touch on the gear/settings icon on the top right
3. Scroll down and enable the option "Push Order To Square" -> "Sync Square Catalogue" is required to ensure your menu is synced over.
4. Go back to the 'Settings' icon and 'Exit Admin Mode'
Square POS users outside of the US do not have this functionality. OrderUp by SalesVu must be used as a stand alone device and connect to the incoming app (kitchen display) or printer.