Merchants that are based in Australia and would like to use the Square
integration with the Square Terminal must have the SalesVu POS app installed
on their iPads (the Square POS app is not needed on the same iPad). Test
Transactions are only accepted by Square for AUD 1 min.
The SalesVu POS can wirelessly connect to one Square Terminal at a time. Keep
in mind before you start the setup process:
● Make sure that your iOS devices (iPad) and Square Terminal are connected
to a Wi-Fi or Ethernet network. Note: It doesn't have to be the same
network, but both devices must be online.
● If you’re logged in to your Square Terminal, sign out of your Terminal by
tapping on the menu > tap Settings > Account > Sign out. For newly
purchased Square Terminals, power it on by pressing the side button and
staying on the login page.
Step 1. Create Device Codes
When you want to integrate your SalesVu POS, you must create a device code. To
do so, please follow these steps:
1. Go to squareup.com and log in to your account.
2. Click on ‘Virtual Terminal'
3. Click on ‘Settings’; > ‘Devices’ in your online Square Dashboard
4. Click ‘Add Device Now’
5. Enter a Nickname and click “Create” to generate your code
6. Save the device code
Note: If not used within 48 hours, a device code will expire and you’ll need to
7. Once you receive your device code, follow these steps on your square terminal
8. Tap on ‘Sign in’
9. Tap on “Use a Device Code”
10. Enter your device code
11. Check out the screen pop-up. You are all set!
Step 2. Connect Square Terminal to SalesVu Point of Sale:
1. Go to salesvu.com and log in to your account
2. Click on the "On-Premise Apps" button from the left-hand menu
3. Click on the drop-down menu and click on "Customize Columns"
4. Click on the Search field and type "Square Terminal ID"
5. Enable "Square Terminal ID" and click on "Save"
6. Click on "Yes"
7. Scroll to the right by clicking and dragging the interior scroll bar.
8. Click on "Assign New" to the payment device (iPad POS app) you want to add Square Terminal
9. You can find Square Terminal ID behind the Square Terminal
10. Enter Square Terminal ID and click "Save". Please note to enter letters with upper case
11. Click "Ok" and you are all set!
12. On the POS app, tap on the gear icon > sync with SalesVu.com to see all