Connect the Ingenico iSMP4 terminal to your network
To ensure that your ISMP4 device is successfully connected to your network, you need to power on your terminal using the on/off and wake/sleep button on the right hand side and add your network as an access point. If you ever need to connect your terminal to a different network, you can remove access points on your terminal as well.
Step 1: How to connect to an access point (WiFi signal)
1. Once the “This lane closed” message appears, press the F key 5 times to access its Communications Settings.
2. Press F4 for Access Points.
3. Press F1 for New. The terminal starts scanning for access points.
4. From the list, select your access point.
5. Select WPA/WPA2.
6. Enter your password followed by the green O key. If correctly entered, the hostname under the Communications Settings screen will display your iP address instead of 0.0.0.0. The IP address will be needed in step 2.
NOTE: The terminal's keypad uses multi-tap text entry. For example, pressing the 2 key will cycle through the number 2 and the letters a, b and c in both lower and upper case. To enter a symbol, press the # key. To erase something you've typed, press the yellow < key.
7. To exit the Communications Settings screen, press the red X key.
Step 2: Add the Ingenico iSMP4 to your POS
1. Open the SalesVu POS app on your iPad
2. Touch on the ‘gear’ icon -> ‘More Settings’
3. Enter the IP address that is displayed on your ISMP4 device into “Terminal IP”.
Note: each terminal will have a different IP address assigned. To locate the IP address, tap on the F button 5 times to view the information under communication settings.
4. Once the IP has been entered, go to the 'Settings' -> 'Change' next to card readers and select the Ingenico ipp350 as this device behaves the same way as the ISMP4.
Removing an access point
- On your terminal's keypad, press the F key 5 times to access its Communications Settings.
- Press the F4 key for Access Points.
- From the list, press the green O key to select the access point.
- Press F4 to delete it.
- To exit the Communications Settings screen, press the red X key.