This article provides step-by-step instructions on how to assign a static IP address on the Lane 3000 device. By following these steps, you can assign a static IP address on the Lane 3000 terminal to ensure proper connectivity.
1. Connect Terminal with LAN.
Ensure that the Lane 3000 terminal is properly connected to the LAN using an ethernet cable.
2. Press the key "2634" on the keypad of the Lane 3000 terminal.
3. Press the 'F' button on the keypad to navigate through the menu options.
4. Using the down arrow, select "Tetra Admin" from the menu. Press the 'Enter' button (the green button) to enter the Tetra Admin menu.
6. By using the arrow keys, navigate through the menu and select 'Configure Ethernet' Option and press the 'Enter' button (the green button) to access the IP configuration settings.
7. Select 'IP configuration' option
8. Select 'DHCP activation' and press 'Green' button.
9. Select '2-Off' and press 'Green' button to disable 'DHCP activation'
10. Select the 'IP address' option to change it to the one that matches your local IP address (Please review the steps at the bottom of the page on how to get IP credentials of your local network from your iPad)
11. Enter a unique IP address and click on 'Green' button that doesn't match with your iPad. For example, if the WiFi signal on your iPad is showing 10.0.0.1 as an IP, you can select '10.0.0.101' (basically any number that is not already assigned to existing devices can be used after the last dot of the local IP address. Example: 10.0.0.xxx (any number instead of xxx)
12. Enter 'Subnet Mask' and press 'Green' button
13. Enter 'Gateway Address' and press 'Green' button. 'Gateway Address' should be identical the 'Router' IP address on your iPad (Please review the steps at the bottom of the page)
14. Now, on your card reader when you see the 'Do you want to save those changes' message, click on the green button
15. Then press the X button until you see the Tri POS screen
16. Now, on your POS app, you need to enter the same IP address you entered during step #11:
- Open your POS app > touch on the gear icon (settings) > 'More Settings' > Touch on 'Terminal IP address lane and enter the IP address
17. Now touch on the gear icon (settings) > 'More Settings' > 'Card Reader' > select the 'Card reader' > select 'Lane 3000'
18. Now, you should see 'SalesVu' on your card reader, which indicates that it is successfully connected to your POS app.
Note: if the card reader is still displaying 'TriPOS' or 'This Lane Closed', please follow these steps:
- Force close the SalesVu POS app.
- Reopen the SalesVu POS app.
- Please note that the card reader may reboot multiple times automatically during this process.
- Wait until the card reader displays 'SalesVu'.
How to obtain local network parameters:
- Go to 'Settings' on your iPad
- Touch on 'WiFi'
- Touch on 'i' next to the local WiFi signal that you are connected to
- Review 'IPV4 Address' field: