To add new products, follow the steps below:
1. Sign in to SalesVu.com
2. Click on "Products & Services" on the left vertical menu
3. Click on "Add Product"
4. Enter 'Selling Price'
5. Select the 'Price Type' ('Fixed or 'Variable')
- 'Fixed' price type is a regular and a constant product price, i.e. $5.00
- 'Variable' price type will allow you to enter your product price when adding this product to the order from the POS or SalesVu portal
(note: 'variable' price type is not applicable for E-commerce)
6. Enter a product description (which is mainly intended to display on the E-commerce platform and self-ordering kiosk)
7. Select a category
- but if you have not created it yet click on 'Select' > enter a new category name > 'Add'
8. Select the 'Type' of a product
- 'Non-sellable' product will not appear on your POS app but can be tracked in inventory. This setup allows you to create a modifier or a component of a sellable product, please find more information on modifiers here and on components here
- Please find more information on creating a service here
9. Select a 'Tax Bracket' if it is different from your default tax bracket.
- Please find more information on creating tax brackets here
10. Enter product weight (optional)
- Please find more information on product weight here
11. You can enable the 'Input Actual Quantity From POS' option if you want to use weight scale integration and import the weight of an item after measuring it on POS via an integrated scale
12. Select an 'Inventory Setting', a unit, and a vendor name (optional)
- Please find more information on inventory setup here
13. Enter UPC and SKU codes
14. 'Cashback product' setting will allow your customer to purchase this item by paying with their credit card and then after the credit card transaction is completed, the POS system will open a cash drawer so that you could give cash-back to this customer.
15. Select or add modifier groups and modifiers
- Please find more information on modifiers here
16. Select or add components
- Please find more information on components here
17. Enable product for E-commerce and for Branded app if you want to sell it on these platforms
18. Click on 'Save' to go back to the 'Product Listing' menu or 'Save & Add New' to create a brand new product