SalesVu can set up inventory for bottles and cases. It is highly recommended to track inventory by the individual bottle if you want to see whole numbers within the inventory.
In this example, we will create a product sold by the individual bottle (tracked in inventory) and a case product with 12 bottles.
Setting up the single bottle (product)
1. Log in to SalesVu.com
2. Click on 'Products & Services'
3. Click on 'Add Product'
4. Enter the product name, price, category, tax, etc. Set the inventory setting to 'Track this item in another unit'
5. Fill in the rest of the information (UPC, SKU, etc.) and click on save
Note: You can now go to the inventory page and manually update the quantity to represent all bottles within your inventory.
Setting up the case product
1. Click on 'Products & Services'
2. Click on 'Add Product'
3. Enter the product name, price, category, tax, etc
4. Set the inventory setting to 'Do not track this item in inventory' (important)
5. Locate 'Select Component' -> click on 'Select Product'
6. Locate the product created in the previous step
7. Select the unit (item) and set the quantity that the case represents (in this example, we will use 12)
8. Save the product
Note: The case product will not be tracked in inventory as the individual bottle is being tracked. Since the component attached to the case product is the beer bottle, it will automatically deduct 12 from inventory when a case is sold.