What is a component?
A component in SalesVu allows you to deduct the ingredients or items that make part of a product. See the examples below:
Example #1: a hamburger might have possible components like bread, ground beef, lettuce, etc.
Example #2: a case that has multiple bottles (see example here)
How to add a component?
1. Log in to SalesVu.com
2. Click on 'Products & Services'
3. Click on 'Add Product'
4. Enter the following:
- product name
- enter the selling price
- assign the category
5. Under the 'Select Components' tab, click on 'Select Product'
6. Here, you have the following options:
a. Existing Product: Check an existing product and click on 'Next'
b. New Product: Click on 'Create Product', and click on 'Refresh' once created. Then, check this product and click on 'Next'
7. Select Unit (click here to review more about Unit Conversion), then click on 'Next'
8. Enter quantity, then click on 'Finish'
9. You're all set!
Each time this product is purchased, the components will be automatically deducted from the inventory: