- Verify that the printer is still connected to the iPad via Bluetooth
- Verify that paper is properly inserted
- Power off and on iPad
- Re-pair the Bluetooth printer.
Troubleshooting the Star Micronics 650 Bluetooth Printer.
- Check if SalesVu POS app has access to 'Bluetooth'. Go to 'Settings' of your iPad > touch on 'SalesVu' > on the right side 'Bluetooth' should be enabled
- Go to settings of your iPad > Bluetooth > “i” next to the printer name (Star Micronics) > Forget the device. Then follow the steps below:
- Hold down the pair button on the back of the printer for 5-8 seconds and release (flashing light will appear)
- Turn the Bluetooth on your iPad off and on. Wait for the Star Micronics printer to appear under Bluetooth and reconnect it
- Once connected, open the SalesVu app > Settings (gear) icon > Printer Options > Search for printer/test print to verify if the printer is found and can be tested.
If the issue remains, it is recommended to perform a hard reset
- Ensure all nearby Bluetooth capable devices (PC, tablets, smartphones) are not paired or have their Bluetooth set to OFF.
- Power the printer OFF and locate the Bluetooth Reset (RST) button on the back.
- While pressing the Reset (RST) button (1), turn the power switch ON (2), and continue to hold the Reset button for five (5) seconds or until the printer resets twice, making 2 mechanical initialization sound.