To be able to print bar code labels, first, you need to export a label sheet from your SalesVu.com account and second, you need to have a Dymo label printer. And third, you need to print it through the Dymo LabelWriter Software with the help of Dymo LabelWriter 450 printer (or newer models)
Please note: If you are using any other label printer besides 'Dymo LabelWriter' you can click here to follow the steps to export barcode numbers and create a label sheet for your label printer:
a. How to export label sheets from your SalesVu.com account
You can export a label sheet for all of your products at once or for a specific open or closed purchase order.
Follow the steps below to export a label sheet for all products
- Login to SalesVu.com > click on 'Products & Services' on the left-hand side menu
- Select a location if you have multiple locations from the location dropdown
- Click on the arrow down icon at the right top
- Click on 'Export Label Sheet'
Please note that the exported sheet will show products enabled for inventory tracking based on their existing quantity. For example, if a 'Branded Wine Bottle' quantity is 10 under inventory, you will see this product in 10 rows within the spreadsheet. If a product is not enabled for inventory tracking or has a negative quantity, it will show up only once on the exported spreadsheet.
Important: Exported label sheet automatically removes leading 0s from UPC and SKU codes. To avoid this case, please follow the steps below:
Follow the steps below to export a label sheet for specific purchase order (PO)
- Login to SalesVu.com > click on 'Inventory' on the left-hand side menu
- Click on 'Purchase Orders'
- Locate the purchase order you are looking for by using different filters
- Click on the arrow down icon next to the purchase order
- Click on 'View'
- Click on 'Export Label Sheet' button at the right top
b. How to purchase Dymo Labelwriter and labels
1. You can purchase Dymo LebelWriter 550 by clicking here
You can also purchase the printer from any other online/offline marketplace (i.e Amazon)
Please search for 'Dymo LabelWriter 440 or 550'
2. Recommended label size is 'Dymo 30252 1.25" x 3.5"'
You can search for 'Dymo 30252' on Amazon. Click here for example
c. How to print bar code labels
1. Download DYMO LabelWriter Software to your PC or laptop, please click on one fo the options below:
2. Open the downloaded file and finish installing LabelWriter
3. Open 'Dymo' software on your PC or laptop
4. Make sure that the label is correctly inserted based on the instructional image inside of the Dymo printer (open the lid to see the instructions)
5. Connect the USB cable of Dymo LabelWriter to your PC or laptop (it's important to connect the printer to your computer after Dymo software is opened)
6. Within the Dymo software click on 'New' at the left top
7. Click on the arrow-down icon under 'Label Type'
8. Search for '30252' and select the label (you can work with other sizes if you prefer)
9. Click on 'Open' at the right bottom corner
10. Click on 'Import Data' at the middle top of the screen
11. Locate previously exported label sheets from step 'a' above
12. Click on 'Import'
13. By default, you will see 'ABC' text on the label format in the middle. Please click on it and click on 'Delete' on your keyboard
14. Click on 'Add' > click on 'Barcode'
15. On the left-hand side under 'Properties' you can select the bar code type. We support the following formats: Code 128, Code 39, Code 39Mod43, Code 93, DataMatrix, EAN-13, EAN-8, ITF14, PDF417, QRCode, UPC-E
16. If you are not seeing bar code properties on the left, please click on the bar code on the label
17. By default system adds '123' to the bar code. After clicking on the bar code, remove '123' default value on the left
18. Click on the bar code and click on the purple mapping icon below it and select the first bar code number from the list to map the data
19. Now you can add text and map with your product name and price. You can rearrange elements
20. Please check for errors. If the software is showing errors it means that some mapped elements are not fitting the barcode. Please click on all elements to see if you have any red exclamation icon. Once you see it, please fix it by the following steps:
21. Once you're done, please click on 'Print' at the right bottom corner