In SalesVu, the inventory module offers the 'Adjustment Reasons' feature, allowing you to create reasons for potential inventory negative adjustments. When you need to decrease your items' quantities, you can easily select a reason for the adjustment and make the necessary changes to your inventory quantities.
Additionally, you can run a report that includes data on these adjustments, providing visibility into the specific adjustment reasons used.
This feature enhances inventory management by facilitating accurate tracking and reporting of inventory adjustments.
To create adjustment reasons in SalesVu's inventory module, follow these steps:
1. Login to SalesVu.com
2. Click on 'Inventory' from the left-hand menu
3. At the top right, click on the drop-down arrow and select 'Adjustment Reasons' from the menu
4. On the pop-up window, click on 'Add New Reason' and enter its name (i.e. Breakage) and save it
5. Now you can close this pop-up window and make a negative adjustment:
- enter a lower QTY in the items 'QTY' field
- click on 'Save All' at the top right of the screen
- select your adjustment reason from the menu
Note: You can only select an adjustment reason when decreasing the quantity of your item. This does not apply if you are increasing the quantity.
Please find a detailed article on the Inventory Adjustment feature here
6. Now you can run the 'Adjustments' report, which will show you the adjustment ID, product name, date of adjustment, before quantity, after quantity, unit, cost price (in dollars), and lastly your adjustment reason (under the 'Note' column)
Please find a detailed article on the Adjustment report here
7. You can also click on the 'All Reasons' drop-down menu and select the reasons you want to filter the adjustment report with
8. You are all set!