A customer retention report allows you to track your returning customers' visits.
Ability to track “First Time Client Retention”.
- The measurement of how many first-time clients returned for a second visit within a variable timeframe [30, 90, variable #days.]
Users selected date range 1st Jan 2021 to 30th Jun 2021.
We are going to find all the customers who have placed at least more than one order between 1st Jan 2021 to 30th Jun 20,21, and they placed no order before 1st Jan 2021. We will list all these customers in this report.
Ability to track “Existing Client Retention”.
- Same as First-Time Client Retention, but the calendar starts ticking after the first visit.
- Same timeframes [30, 60, 90, variable # days] but is applied to a client's second visit in days from the initial visit.
Here we are talking about existing customers to a minimum of 1 visit (purchase) must be there. That is why the visit count starts from 2.
Users selected date range is 1st Jan 2021 to 30th Jun 2021, and the visit count is 3.
Step 1 - We will find all the customers who have placedthree3 orders between 1st Jan 2021 to 30th Jun 2021. Let's say we found 20 customers.
Step 2 - We will see how many of these 20 customers have placed orders before 1st Jan 2021. Let's say ten customers placed orders before 1st Jan 2021.
How to access the report:
1. Log in to SalesVu.com
2. Select "Report" on the left sidebar menu
3. Click on the "V" drop menu at the top right
4. Click on "Customer Retention Report"