Device groups is a specific feature that allows users to group payment devices to receive notifications. This feature is ideal for users that have multiple devices in different areas for pick up orders (i.e., venues, event centers, concessions)
1. Sign into SalesVu.com
2. Click on 'Settings'
3. Click on the drop down (3 dots) -> select 'Device Groups'
4. Click on the "+" icon to add a device group and fill in all required information
- Group name
- The start time that orders can start being received
- Duration (allotted time for orders to be received)
- Capacity (the max amount of orders that can be received during the duration assigned). This will prevent overcrowding for pick up orders.
5. Once the group is added, click on the 'Add Devices' and select the actual payment devices of your choice that will belong to this group. Ideally you will want to select devices that will be in a specific part of the venue. For example, pick up area concession #1 will include devices iPad 2, pos and pos station #3
6. The master device is the device that will receive the online order notification and account for all transactions within the shift report.
7. Guests will need to select a pick up location upon ordering online. Once they select their pick up location, the orders will be sent to the device group that has been assigned to it. You can assign a pick up address and device group by following these steps:
- Open the website builder
- Click on the 'SHOP' page -> 'Delivery Preferences'
- Add a pick up address and assign the device group of your choice