SalesVu is only compatible with the third generation of the Star Micronics USB version of the printer.
How to identify which generation of the Star Micronics USB printer?
- Star Micronics 143U (1st generation) - Not compatible
- Star Micronics 143IIU (2nd generation - Not compatible
- Star Micronics 143IIIU (3rd generation) - Compatible
Instructions below is a configuration for 1 printer and 1 cash drawer setup. Before setting up the hardware please ensure that the Star Micronics is the third generation as indicated above. This is located below the printer.
Model - Star Micronics 143IIIU
Using the iPad's charging cable, connect the USB end of the cable into the back of the USB port of the printer. Then connect the lightning (iPad charging cable) into the charging port of the iPad.
- Cash Drawer: A specialized cable connects to the back of the printer to the cash drawer.
- Once the printer is showing a solid green or blue light then you can now search for the printer within the SalesVu POS:
- Settings > Printer Options > Search for printer/test print