SalesVu now has the ability to automatically refill gift card balances using the recurring billing module. This feature is mainly used for businesses that would like to offer pre-paid balances (in the form of a gift card)
1. First enable the following settings (one time only)
a. Sign into SalesVu.com -> Gift Card and Loyalty
b. Click on the 3 dots -> Settings
c. Enable the following settings:
- Automatically recharge gift cards
- Reset gift card balance on recurring billing (this will automatically reset the balance every month whether the customer uses the previous balance or not)
2. If these gift cards are pre-paid then you will need to create a coupon code for 100% off (one time only)
a. Sign into SalesVu.com -> Discounts -> Add discounts
b. Add the name, discount type as 'Coupon Code', Value of your choice (in this example, we will enter 100%)
c. Select the 'Gift Card' category -> Continue and complete the rest of the steps
3. Create or select customers into the groups of your choice
4. Create a recurring billing for gift card customers
a. Sign into SalesVu.com -> Recurring Billing
b. Click on 'Add Recurring Billing'
c. Billing Type -> Gift Card Recharge Billing
d. Select the Customer Group name of your choice
e. Select the 'Gift Card' product and the amount that you would like to have recharged for every billing cycle
f. Checkout -> Select the start date, recurring pattern and range of recurrence
g. Enter the coupon code that was created in step #2 if this was already pre-paid.
h. Continue to finalize the billing
- Adding new customers into an existing group will automatically execute and create a billing on the next recurring billing cycle created for that specific group.
- Customers will receive an email with their full gift card number
- An order is automatically created within the 'Orders' report after the billing is executed