For more details on what is a modifier, please review our general article on modifiers here.
Merged modifier is a tool that can be essential when creating products with many different variations. For example, let's say that you have a T-shirt product that has the following modifier groups with their respective items
Sizes - Small, Medium, Large
Colors - Red, White, Blue
If you select the 'merge' option, our system will automatically create a matrix/combination of each variation for inventory tracking purposes thus saving you time without having to manually create each variation. The inventory module will display the following:
T-shirt - Small - Red
T-shirt - Medium - Red
T-shirt - Large - Red
T-shirt - Small - White
T-shirt - Medium - White
T-shirt - Large - White
T-shirt - Small - Blue
T-shirt - Medium - Blue
T-shirt - Large - Blue
How to create merged modifiers:
1. Sign in to SalesVu.com
2. Click on "Products & Services"
3. Click "Add Product" (i.e. T-shirt)
4. Enter the following
- product name
- enter the selling price
- assign the category
5. Under the 'Select Modifier Groups' tab, click on 'Add Group'
6. Enter a modifier group name (i.e. 'Sizes' or 'Colors') > click on the save icon on the right
7. Click on the 'Customize' option
8. On the pop-up screen click on 'Add item'
9. Enter modifier name(s) (i.e. 'Red', 'White' 'Blue') > click on the save icon after adding every item
- at this step, you can enter extra cost (optional)
10. Check the 'Merge' box
11. Click on 'Save' at the bottom right of the pop-up screen
Ultimately, you will be able to access your inventory page and simply input the quantity, SKU, and cost for each variation.