SalesVu now has the ability to pre-authorize credit cards using Square as the payment processor. Available for users in the US only.
1. Open the SalesVu app
2. Touch on the "Pre-Authorize" icon
3. Assign a customer to the order (first name, last name etc) or select an existing customer from your customer list.
4. Swiper, Insert or manually key in a card number and wait for the approval to remove the card
5. Touch on 'Next'
6. Enter the customers email address
Note: To bypass this feature, we now have the ability to enter a 'placeholder' email
7. Enter the zip code
8. Touch on 'Done' and wait for the 'Pre-authorization done' message to appear
9. Now you can begin taking the customers order
10. When the customer is ready to pay, touch on the 'Orders' icon and locate the order to close out the open order/tab.
Note: Square charges a higher percentage fee when pre-authorizing credit cards. The fee is 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction