All products can be created or edited from the “products and services” feature on the web portal, or by touching and holding an existing product from the app, or by touching “+” on the upper right hand of the product list in the app.
Make sure all attributes are set for all products:
- Description: Describes the product. Hyperlinks and formatting can be added to the description and viewed on the e-commerce site.
- Image: Used to depict the product. Only one main image can be uploaded on the app and the website. Additional pictures can be uploaded and viewed only on the e-commerce site.
- Category: Creates a hierarchy of categories and subcategories for groups of products to better classify them by theme. This allows to easily identify products at the application level and also to create reports not only by the product but also by category. For further information view "how to create a category"
- A product can be either sellable or non-sellable.
- Sellable: all products that can be sold as a “whole” product.
- Non-sellable: all products that can’t be sold as is but can be stocked or sold in other units (a paper cup for a coffee, a Keg of draft beer, a box of 6 bottles of wine, etc.)
- Tax Bracket: One or more Tax Brackets with different rates can be associated to one product. Tax Brackets can either be included or not-included in the sales price. For further information go to "how to create tax Brackets and associate Tax Bracket to a product".
- Weight: Usedto express the product by weight for the storage or sale purpose. Weight can also be vital information in the situation where the goods are to be shipped to the buyer.
- Inventory settings (3 possible options):
- Do not track this item in inventory: Product will not be tracked in inventory but can still be sold (a pint of beer).
- Track this item in inventory by weight: Product is tracked in inventory based on weight unit defined in the weight section.
- Track this item in inventory in another unit: Tracks the products in a unit different from the weight. This unit can be chosen from the default unit defined in the system. Custom units with associated conversions can be defined. For further information go to "How to create custom units"
- The Universal Product Code (UPC): A specific type of barcode used to track items in stores
- The Stock Keeping Unit (SKU): The store or catalog product and service identification code that helps the item to be tracked for inventory.
Enable for e-commerce: Enables item for viewing on the web site. By enabling the item (Yes highlighted in blue) the product will be posted on the e-commerce web site with all its attributes: images, description, price, etc.)
Modifiers: a modifier is a feature that allows the capability to add a component to a product at the time of the sale. Modifiers can be a free addition (generally cream is free with coffee) or it can have an additional cost associated with it (generally a flavor shot that costs extra).
Currently in SalesVu modifiers are trackable in inventory but not in sales by product. For further information go to How to create a modifier and a modifier Group
Components: a component is a feature that automatically merges an item to a sold product at the time of the sale. The component will be automatically deducted from inventory (for an Espresso: the paper cup and the coffee beans are two components deducted from inventory) For further information go to How to create a component.